Director of Product Development
Location: Vancouver BC, Canada
Acuva Technologies Inc. is located in beautiful Vancouver, BC. We are a team of UV-LED reactor pioneers with extensive experience in research and development, technology commercialization, and management; with a passion for advanced water purification solutions. We have developed the next generation of water purifiers, operating with cutting-edge UV-LED technology for personal and industrial applications.
Our vision is to completely transform the water purification industry for drinking water applications by launching disruptive technologies and products and enabling onboard real time water purification in variety of mobile and remote setting.
We are looking for a senior member in product development role to join our growing team.
The Manager/Director of Product Development will be responsible for all aspects of the company’s engineering and product development, testing, and certification activities. This position will focus on the structuring and operation of the product development engineering function as a cohesive unit; the conceptualizing and day-to-day management of product development projects; delivering manufacturable designs to agreed specifications within time and budget constraints, leading product testing and certification, and the fostering of innovative solutions to customer needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop planning and direction of engineering and product development activities.
- Lead product testing and certification activities.
- Formulate long-term objectives and standards of performance for the department.
- Assure that department achieves objectives and project completion within budget and time frame.
- Motivate staff colleagues and provide technical direction and guidance, as well as hands-on project management, recognizing the role as that of both manager and support resource / mentor.
- Assure that product is designed for specific needs, but with wider applications in mind.
- Direct the team members to acquire necessary resources to meet scheduled commitments.
- Ensure implementation and refinement as required of formal process to support the product development, testing, and certification process.
Education & Experience:
- Chemical Engineer/Mechanical Engineer with minimum 7-10 years of experience in engineering and product development and testing, with at least 5 years in a management position in managing team.
- Experience working in startup environment, experience managing fast paced team, work schedule and budget.
- Demonstrated team building and leadership skills.
- “Out of the box thinker” must be key driver contributing to the products roadmap and willing to take innovative product risks while balancing the road map for on time deliverables.
- Competent in mechanical (& preferably electronics) hardware and software design.
- Manage diverse, simultaneous projects/products of varying complexities.
- Strong relationship management, strategy development, project management, problem solving and change management skills.
- Professional and positive approach, self-motivated, strong in building relationships, team player, dynamic, creative with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
- Business related computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- MSc / PhD strongly preferred
- Experience in the mechanical-electrical Industry strongly preferred
Salary and Benefits:
- Working in an exciting startup environment with fantastic technology
- Competitive start-up salary and benefits
- Stock Options and long term benefits
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Acuva Technologies would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Acuva Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.