Mechanical Design Engineer
Company: Acuva Technologies Inc.
Location: Vancouver BC, Canada
Status: Full Time
Company Profile: Acuva Technologies Inc. is located in beautiful Vancouver, BC. We are developing the next generation of water purifiers, operating with cutting-edge UV-LED technology for personal and industrial applications.
Our vision is to completely transform the water purification industry for drinking water applications by launching disruptive technologies and products and enabling onboard real time water purification in variety of mobile and remote setting.
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer with a BASc or MSc Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related area, to join our growing team.
We are looking for someone who is hands on and has experience successfully completing designs that combine mechanics, optics, fluids and electronics. Knowledge of manufacturing and assembly processes is important, along with a Design For Manufacturing mindset.
Tasks will include
- Develop requirements/specifications of UV-LED reactors and engineering designs for customized water treatment systems in both function and performance.
- Mechanical design, prototype and testing of a variety of mechanical parts and systems including fluid management, piping, valves, sensors, custom manifolds, cases, mounting system, extrusions, sheet metal and CNC parts.
- Provide technical support for manufacturing, including jig design.
- Perform experimental study of UV-LED reactor design concepts for performance evaluation.
- Conduct simulation experiments to evaluate the behaviour of UV-LED water treatment system under different conditions.
- Perform technical and comparative economic analyses of different designs in order to select the preferred reactor design and system.
- Be a major contributor to a multidisciplinary product team.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- A BASc or MSc Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related area, with a minimum of 5 years of experience mechanical engineering design.
- More experience would be major asset.
- We prefer engineers with entrepreneurial and innovative mindset.
- Demonstrated success with designing, specifying, implementing, and manufacturing related equipment.
- Proficient in SolidWorks software.
- Proven track record of completing engineering equipment design from conception through final implementation.
- Laboratory skills (preferred).
- Knowledge of, and preferably experience with, water treatment systems.
- Knowledge of electrical/electronic systems preferred.
- Project involvement and organizational skills to handle multiple priorities.
Management and other organizational Skills:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to confidently explain information.
- Self-motivated to work in a fast paced startup culture and believer in a successful future through hard work and value creation.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving ability.
- Ability to implement designs and solutions.
- Follow direction and lead change and respond to tactical changes.
- Able to prioritize and manage time effectively (Self-motivated and self-managing.)
Salary and Benefits:
- Working in an exciting startup environment with fantastic technology
- Competitive start-up salary and benefits
- Stock Options
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by 30th November, 2016. Acuva Technologies would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Acuva Technologies is equal opportunity employer.