Join Our Team
Acuva Technologies is a fast-growing water purification technology company located in Vancouver, BC.
Our mission is to provide clean drinking water for the 1.8 billion people worldwide whose water source is microbial contaminated, and we are doing this by developing the next generation of water purifiers, operating with cutting-edge UV-LED technology.
Our vision is to transform the water purification industry for drinking water applications by launching disruptive technologies and products, while enabling new water disinfection applications.
Acuva is committed to building a team that
represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are,
the better our work will be. If you’re smart and good at what you do, come as
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Acuva Technologies would like to thank all applicants, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Acuva Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information about Acuva please visit www.acuvatech.com.
Reporting to the Senior Director of R&D, the R&D Technician is part of the R&D and Engineering Team which specializes in optical physics, microbiology and material science as well as electrical and mechanical engineering. She/he will be actively working with the team and have the opportunity to grow a wide range of research and engineering skills while focusing on the development and validation of products.
The successful candidate will enjoy doing hands-on lab work and have an aptitude for problem solving and analyzing results as well as strong organizational skills, the ability to multi-task effectively and communicate clearly (verbally and in writing) with others.
If you are passionate about R&D and are looking to join a growing technology manufacturing company where you will have lots of development opportunities, this is the job for you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete wet lab data collection and analysis as well as data interpretation and data management (training provided)
- Execution of optical and mechanical jig testing measurements and preliminary data analysis (training provided)
- Prepare test samples for external lab analysis
- Involved in development of test protocols, data interpretation, and proposing next steps
- Write completion reports as required
- Basic lab maintenance work
- Maintain lab cleanliness and safety
- Hands-on experience with lab equipment, circuit boards assembly/test and measurements as well as working with mechanical equipment such as pump and compressor
- Knowledge of PCB design and troubleshooting
- Experienced in design and assembly and validation of lab scale and semi-pilot scale experimental apparatuses and test benches
- Proven track record of adhering to safety codes and procedures in operating testing equipment in an independent/university/consultant laboratory
- Knowledge and experience of generating test protocols and preparing test reports for clients (data entry, quality assurance)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Great if you have
- Experience working in R&D and product development testing
- Proven experience in product development with fast time to market turnaround
- Familiar/Experienced in microbiological measurements
- Previous education, training, or experience with the standard protocols for water/air/surface treatment testing such as ones under ASTM
- Familiar with fundamentals of photonics and optical characterization
Education & Experience
- 2+ years experience in a similar role
- Post secondary certificate, diploma or degree in related field
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive Salary with Health Benefits for you and your family
- Inclusive and Collaborative work environment
- Career Advancement through on-the-job training and mentoring
- Employee Recognition Program
- Team Building Events
- And so much more!