- Is your product validated for efficacy by any third-party lab?
Acuva has obtained through Validation Testing with InterTek and CUBRC Inc., a Biosafety Level 3 (BSL-3) lab certified by the United States CDC. This independent third-party testing validates the efficacy of Acuva’s SOLARIX wand in disinfecting of non-porous surfaces against the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
- Does your product need registration against Pest Control Products Act (PCPA) of Health Canada? What about the advisory Health Canada issued for UV wands?
As Health Canada clearly stated in their November, 2020 advisory, “In order to make claims that a UV light or wand can protect against COVID-19, a manufacturer must hold evidence to demonstrate that their product works as claimed.” As per our understanding, this required evidence is exactly what we have generated through the validation testing and is enclosed for your reference.
Consumer disinfection products are regulated under the Pest Control Products Act (PCPA). As per our understanding, the PCPA specifically excludes products like SOLARIX that are used to destroy or inactivate viruses and bacteria (see Exemption 3.1.d https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2006-124/page-1.html#h-723725).
As an extraordinary caution, we are currently engaged with Health Canada to explore if there are any other registrations outside of PCPA required. Please see the lab test report included in the FAQ for SARS-CoV-2 disinfection from a lab in NY. View Test Report
- Is it safe to resell or distribute SOLARIX without the registration from Health Canada under Pest Control Act?
There is no risk with Health Canada or PCPA as we meet all requirements. As per our understanding, UV devices that inactivate viruses and bacteria are exempt from PCPA.
- How can we safely use a UV surface disinfection device?
UV-LED technologies can be used safely and effectively to disinfect any surface. We have detailed instructions on how to safely use our device in the user manual. SOLARIX by design provides safety features to enhance safe usage. By following these instructions, users can disinfect a surface safely and effectively. We recommend using gloves and eyewear as an additional layer of safety precautions for peace of mind.
- What kind of eyewear do you recommend wearing while using SOLARIX?
Most glasses and prescription glasses are made of polymer including polycarbonate, polypropylene or acrylic which provides adequate protection from UV exposure.
- Can we disinfect food items, groceries and fabrics with SOLARIX?Yes. SOLARIX is most effective on non-porous surfaces. However, it can also be used on porous surfaces (efficacy many vary based on the surface property).
- Is SOLARIX a medical device?
No. SOLARIX is not a medical device and is not meant to disinfect medical equipment or PPEs.
- Can I carry it on a plane or public transport?
Yes. SOLARIX is designed to be portable and can provide disinfection on the go. However, please check with your flight operator and local laws/advisories.
- Can I disinfect my hands or other body parts using SOLARIX?
No. Do not use SOLARIX on human skin, body parts or animals.
- How long do I need to use SOLARIX to disinfect a surface effectively?
SOLARIX was designed for fast and effective disinfection against bacteria and viruses on non-porous surfaces. Use SOLARIX for 10 seconds from 5 centimeters distance to disinfect the surface 99.9% against SARS-Cov-2. The exposure of 2 seconds can provide you 98% disinfection against SARS-Cov-2. Please note that the efficacy varies based on the surface property and the type of microorganism (Bacteria or virus). In general, an exposure of 10 seconds should be ideal for effective disinfection.
Can’t Find What You’re Looking For?
We invite you to connect with us and we’ll be happy to get back to you within 48 hours.
Toll Free: 1.800.980.8810
Leave us a message and we’ll get back to you shortly!
Acuva Technologies Inc.
Unit 1 – 3771 North Fraser Way
Burnaby, B.C. V5J 5G5