Channel Sales Manager
Location: Vancouver BC, Canada
Acuva Technologies is a fast-growing water purification technology company located in Vancouver, BC. Our mission is to provide clean drinking water for the 1.8 billion people worldwide whose water source is microbial contaminated, and we are doing this by developing the next generation of water purifiers, operating with cutting-edge UV-LED technology. Our vision is to transform the water purification industry for drinking water applications by launching disruptive technologies and products and enabling new applications.
Over the past year we were the recipients of the BCIC Ignite Award by the BC Innovation Council, recognized as the Best Presenting Company for Sustainable Technology at the Banff Venture Forum and honoured to be added to the Cleantech Emerging Rocket list by Rocket Builders.
This position will be responsible for supporting our vision and mission by developing, implementing, and executing strategic channel sales plans to accomplish short, medium, and long-term company goals. Acuva has developed breakthrough UV-LED water purifiers for a variety of markets and is looking to expand early success in the home, cabin and off-grid cottage markets by establishing a North America distributor and dealer network. This is an individual contributor role for a results-oriented, sales professional who reveals in rolling up their sleeves to get the job done and grow with the company. This is an exciting new role within the company where the candidate will have the opportunity to build a distributor and dealer channel from the ground up.
Working at Acuva will be rewarding, it will be challenging, and it will most definitely not be just another job.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prospect and recruit new distributor partners, starting with North America and evolving into specific overseas markets.
- Develop a strategic sales plan to maximize partner acquisition.
- Provide sales support to partners related to product training, pricing and market positioning.
- Conveying unique value proposition within each partnership vertical and revenue implications for each partner.
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate partner needs on an ongoing basis.
- Analyze and develop sales strategies to optimize growth.
- Drive strategic account management and pipeline development, effectively manage accounts and channel sales pipeline to achieve sales growth and revenue targets.
- Continuously assess pipeline opportunities and identify areas for improvement.
- Lead joint partner planning processes that develop mutual performance objectives, financial targets and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship.
- Coordinate the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, to meet partner performance objectives and partners’ expectations.
- Establish sales volumes and strategic objectives for individual channel partners to achieve sales goals.
Education & Experience:
- Experience in channel prospecting, development and growth.
- Highly desired to have experience in the water purification market and/or distribution to home, cabin and off-grid cottage markets.
- Business degree with a minimum of 7-10 years of progressive experience in channel sales.
- Experience working in a fast-paced start-up environment and ability to balance multiple competing priorities and deadlines.
- Aggressive, self-starter, results oriented with strong prospect hunting expertise.
- “Out of the box thinker.” Willing to take innovative risk, recalibrate based on market feedback and iterate quickly when developing new sales strategies.
- Has the elasticity to develop strategic plans and tactically execute them.
- Positive approach, self-motivated, strong in building relationships, team player, dynamic, creative with the ability to work without supervision.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated team building and leadership skills.
Salary and Benefits:
- Working in an exciting start-up environment with state-of-the-art technology.
- Competitive base salary.
- Extended health benefits.
- Stock Options.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com no later than August 3, 2018. Acuva Technologies would like to thank all applicants, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Acuva Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.