Location: Vancouver BC, Canada
Acuva Technologies is a fast-growing water purification technology company located in Vancouver, BC. We develop the next generation of water purifiers, operating with cutting-edge UV-LED technology for personal and industrial applications.
Our vision is to completely transform the water purification industry for drinking water applications by launching disruptive technologies and products and enabling onboard real time water purification in variety of mobile and remote applications.
The Office Manager is responsible for day-to-day management of all transactional aspects of office administration and bookkeeping for a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial firm. The position is a key resource for general admin duties, and requires a self-starter who is accountable, able to adapt quickly to change, problem solve, and develop the systems and tools required by a growing company. This is full time position located in Vancouver
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
General office administration duties
A variety of clerical duties, including light bookkeeping, order processing, report tracking
Process all accounts payable, including setting up POs; coding, verifying and posting vendor invoices; preparing cheques and wire transfers
Process all accounts receivable, including preparing invoices and recording revenue
Prepare monthly reconciliations of bank statements, expense reports, and petty cash
Manage and report on cash flow, company bank accounts, monthly
Prepare bank deposits
Utilize ADP for payroll transactions and reconciliation and respond to payroll-related inquiries from staff
Prepare government remittances including WCB, GST / HST
Manage office standards and procedures
Manage office equipment vendors (i.e. Photocopiers, maintenance, office furniture, etc).
Plan and implement office systems, layout and equipment procurement
Maintain and replenish office inventory
Manage office telephone system and cell phones, and monitor cell phone packages, consolidating minutes and packages as required
Orient new employees regarding office procedures, IT and telephone systems
Assist in the management of building security, such as the assignment of keys and alarm codes for approved personnel
Work with landlord to ensure building maintenance is current
Overseeing the reception area, answering telephone calls & emails
Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
A minimum of 3 years of work experience as an Office Administrator
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Some bookkeeping. Proactive multi-tasker with great organizational skills
- Quick learner
- Independent worker
- Highly attentive to detail
- Hands on with QuickBooks
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, work well independently, prioritize duties and follow through tasks to completion.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail – gets it “right”
- Ability to wear multiple hats, multi-task, and manage competing priorities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – listens and understands, able to effectively share ideas and build buy-in
- Ability to work well independently while ensuring that work is coordinated with the rest of the team
- Takes initiative – results oriented and likes to get things done!
- Excellent time management and priority setting skills
- Self-motivated – brings a positive “can do” attitude
Salary and Benefits
Working in an exciting startup environment with fantastic technology
Competitive start-up salary
Stock Options and long term benefits
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Acuva Technologies would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Acuva Technologies is equal opportunity employer.