VP / Director of Sales & Marketing
Location: Vancouver BC, Canada
Acuva Technologies is a fast growing water purification technology company located in Vancouver, BC. We develop the next generation of water purifiers, operating with cutting-edge UV-LED technology for personal and industrial applications.
Our vision is to completely transform the water purification industry for drinking water applications by launching disruptive technologies and products and enabling onboard real time water purification in variety of mobile and remote applications.
We are looking for VP/Director of sales and marketing to join our growing team.
The VP/Director will be responsible for all activities of sales and marketing sales targets for company’s sales and marketing activities for current and future products. Acuva has developed a breakthrough UV-LED water purifier for recreation yachts and RVs and off grid and regular residential applications. This position will focus on identifying prospects and executing sales of current product(s) and business development, establishing and managing strategic relationships with all key stakeholders including sales channels for current and future products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute strategic business development & sales plan for Acuva’s markets and customers, initially in Marine, RVs and off-grid homes.
- Serve as a key member of the senior management team that sets the companies strategic direction for business development and customer acquisition.
- Formulate long-term objectives and standards of performance for the BD & Sales team.
- Create sales forecast and manage entire sales process to meet monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Understand the changing customers' needs and competitive landscape and accordingly formulate product requirements for Acuva’s engineering and product development team.
- Ensure implementation and refinement as required of formal process to support the product development process.
Education & Experience:
- Engineering/Science/Business degree with a minimum of 10 years of experience in business development and sales of consumer product(s) and, with at least 5 years in a management position in building and managing team.
- Experience in consumer product sales and marketing and building channel and fast paced startup environment, experience managing fast paced team, work schedule and budget.
- Experience selling consumer products (Preferably consumer electronics products). Experience selling consumer products and building channel in Marine/RV market/off-grid homes would be an asset.
Experience in early stage company sales roles will be preferred.
- Aggressive, self-starter, result oriented and prospect hunter.
- Positive approach, self-motivated, strong in building relationships, team player, dynamic, creative with the ability to work on its own.
- “Out of the box thinker” must be key driver contributing to the products roadmap and willing to take innovative product risk while balancing the road map for on time deliverables.
- Managing seasonal and complex market(s) needs
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated team building and leadership skills.
Salary and Benefits:
- Working in an exciting startup environment with fantastic technology
- Competitive start-up salary
- Stock Options and long term benefits
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Acuva Technologies would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Acuva Technologies is equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time