Manager / Director of Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Operations
Location: Vancouver BC, Canada
Acuva Technologies Inc. is located in beautiful Vancouver, BC. We are a team of UV-LED reactor pioneers with extensive experience in research and development, technology commercialization, and management; with a passion for advanced water purification solutions. We have developed the next generation of water purifiers, operating with cutting-edge UV-LED technology for personal and industrial applications.
Our vision is to completely transform the water purification industry for drinking water applications by launching disruptive technologies and products and enabling onboard real time water purification in variety of mobile and remote setting. We are looking for a senior member in manufacturing role who is fluent in English, Mandarin, and/or Cantonese to join our growing team.
The Manager / Director of Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Operations will be responsible for all aspects of the company’s sourcing and supplier management, manufacturing (in-house and outsourced). This position will play a lead role for supply chain, manufacturing and products quality. This position will work very closely with Acuva engineering team in executing product roll out and production plan and sales team to ensure demand fulfilment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead parts sourcing, cost control and supplier development, negotiation and procurement for all parts
- Formulate, manufacturing planning and other operational needs to support Acuva’s sales and marketing plan.
- Formulate long-term objectives and standards of performance for the department.
- Motivate colleagues and provide direction and guidance, as well as hands-on project management, recognizing the role as that of both manager and support resource / mentor.
- Direct the team members to acquire necessary resources to meet scheduled commitments.
Education & Experience:
- Mechanical/Industrial Engineering degree with minimum 10 years of experience in product development, supply chain and managing outsourced manufacturing operations, with at least 5 years in a management position in managing team.
- Experience working in startup/fast paced team, work schedule and budget.
- Experience in high volume consumer product manufacturing/supply chain
- Fluent in Mandarin and/or Cantonese.
- Demonstrated team building and leadership skills.
- “Out of the box thinker” must be key driver contributing to the products roadmap and willing to take innovative product risks while balancing the road map for on time deliverables.
- Manage diverse, simultaneous projects/products of varying complexities.
- Strong relationship management, strategy development, project management, problem solving and change management skills.
- Professional and positive approach, self-motivated, strong in building relationships, team player, dynamic, creative with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
- Business related computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Experience in the mechanical-electrical/electronics Industry strongly preferred
Salary and Benefits:
- Working in an exciting technology with futuristic technology
- Competitive start-up salary
- Stock Options
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter to us. Acuva Technologies would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Acuva Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time