Join Our Team
Quality Control Specialist
Acuva Technologies is a fast-growing water purification technology company located in Vancouver, BC.
Our mission is to provide clean drinking water for the 1.8 billion people worldwide whose water source is microbial contaminated, and we are doing this by developing the next generation of water purifiers, operating with cutting-edge UV-LED technology.
Our vision is to transform the water purification industry for drinking water applications by launching disruptive technologies and products, while enabling new water disinfection applications.
Acuva is committed to building a team that
represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are,
the better our work will be. If you’re smart and good at what you do, come as
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume, portfolio and cover letter to email@example.com. Acuva Technologies would like to thank all applicants, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Acuva Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information about Acuva please visit www.acuvatech.com.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Quality Control Specialist is responsible for checking incoming materials and outgoing products to ensure that they are free of defects and produced according to internal specifications and external guidelines. She/he will maintain records of defective materials and ensuring that defective parts are repaired, retested, or pulled from production as well as identifying problem areas and addressing quality issues.
This is a highly detail-oriented role requiring familiarity with quality, manufacturing and production processes combined with knowledge of specifications and product testing.
The successful candidate will be a well-organized self-starter, have the ability to multitask effectively and communicate clearly (verbally and in writing) with others.
Based onsite at our Head Office location in Burnaby, BC.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced workplace environment, are results-oriented and want to work for a leading-edge technology company, this is the job for you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct Quality Control related activities such as tests, assessments and analysis
- Manage the Quality Control documentation process keeping detailed records of product defects, manufacturing issues, tests and assessments
- Perform various inspections, checks and sampling procedures for the manufacturing process in accordance with SOPs and analysis
- Working with Engineering to develop Quality Checklists and inspection criteria
- Assist in investigating and identifying root causes of product and process problems related to Quality
- Inspect incoming raw and packaging materials and record non- conforming ingredients and products as identified or reported
- Inspect parts and products using a variety of techniques, checking that specifications are met and that the products work as intended
- Identify defects or potential issues and determining what to do to resolve the issue(s) including sending the product back through certain stages of the manufacturing process or pulling a product entirely if it does not meet expected standards of quality
- Make suggestions to improve a specific part of the manufacturing process to help ensure products are produced consistently and that defects or other errors will not persist throughout the manufacturing process
- Other projects as assigned
- Familiar with a Quality Management System (QMS) and ISO 9001
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Electro-Mechanical Engineering experience an asset
Education & Experience
- 3+ years experience in Quality Control in a manufacturing or operations environment
- Certificate/Diploma/Degree in Quality Control, Quality Assurance or related field
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive Salary with Performance Bonus Program and stock options
- Competitive Health Benefits for you and your family
- Inclusive and Collaborative work environment
- Employee Recognition Program
- Team Building Events
- And so much more!