Senior Electrical Engineer
Acuva Technologies is a fast-growing water purification technology company located in Vancouver, BC. Our mission is to provide clean drinking water for the 1.8 billion people worldwide whose water source is microbial contaminated, and we are doing this by developing the next generation of water purifiers, operating with cutting-edge UV-LED technology. Our vision is to transform the water purification industry for drinking water applications by launching disruptive technologies and products, while enabling new water disinfection applications.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Acuva Technologies would like to thank all applicants, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Acuva Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information about Acuva please visit www.acuvatech.com
The Senior Electrical Engineer will be responsible for electronics and electrical leadership and design of both new product development, volume manufacturing support and electrical ownership of an advanced electro-optical product line. The ideal candidate has a minimum of ten years experience as an electrical engineer in a product development or R&D role.
The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical engineering along with demonstrated skills in hands-on electrical work, conceptual electrical design, test automation, including software/embedded firmware development in an industrial environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Map electrical engineering strategy across an opto-electronic product line, including on-boarding new technologies.
- Mentor junior electrical engineers.
- Standardize electrical engineering practice across the organization.
- Conceptualize and create electronic designs for initial feasibility.
- Develop prototypes of analog/digital electronic circuits with software/firmware content in keeping with electrical functional requirements.
- Characterize and improve electrical circuit prototypes with hands-on instruments and/or circuit simulation.
- Recognize and troubleshoot circuit design issues, including intermitted and low probability PPM items for mass manufacturing.
- Clearly report and recommend design improvements based on theoretical analysis and experimental data.
- Create electrical schematics and source electronic components in a practical economic way to realize electronic concepts.
- Contribute to define and lead execution of engineering reliability and lifetime testing of electronic designs.
- Document electrical designs according to industry standards so that circuit boards can be purchased from contract manufacturers either locally or overseas.
- Design for cost sensitive application/ability to anticipate device costs prior to formal quoting cycle.
- Lead technical interface between Acuva and our EMS partners for new product introduction.
- Lead definition and implementation of electronic product testing for mass manufacturing.
- Develop and improve electrical SOP for thorough product quality control via an electronic testing program.
- Conceptualize and design product test jigs to streamline mass volume production of an opto-electrical product line. Digitally automate the test execution and record archiving with software.
- Visit Acuva’s EMS locally or overseas to setup, improve and verify proper electronic test practices are followed.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as required to assist with day-to-day coordination of engineering and manufacturing team activities.
Education & Experience
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in advanced technology R&D or manufacturing support role.
- Completed a Diploma Program, or higher, in Electronics or Mechatronics Technology from a recognized institution.
- Strong hands-on experience in practical design and prototyping of new product R&D as well as manufacturing test development and automation.
- Registered Professional Engineer preferred.
- Background in a start-up, fast-paced, high-technology manufacturing environment.
- Experience working in high volume consumer product manufacturing environment an asset.
- Experience in Lean, Six Sigma, or Kaizen an asset.
- Practical or Kaizen is an asset, electronic hands-on bread-boarding, soldering, electronic measurement and trouble shooting.
- Expert foundation in analog and digital circuit designs.
- Embedded software/firmware and standalone automation software systems.
- Must be comfortable working in an entrepreneurial spirited, fast-paced, and constantly changing environment with a desire to make a strong impact on the business.
- Demonstrated team building and leadership skills.
- An effective communicator with outstanding oral and written communication skills. Must be able to make simple accurate recommendation when confronted with complex time-sensitive situations.
Salary and Benefits
- Working in an exciting start-up environment with state-of-the-art technology
- Competitive base salary
- Extended health benefits
- Stock Options
- And much more!